Original Research (Original Article) 


Prevalence of Different Hematological Malignancies in Sudanese Patients

Wad A Elsheikh, Khalid S Elhassan, Ibrahim A. Ali.

Abstract
Background: Hematological malignancies are primary cancers of the blood and blood forming organs. In Sudan, it has been ranked as the second commonest malignancies by about10:100000 for leukemia and 8.2 per 100000 for lymphomas. Objectives: This study was aimed to determine the prevalence of different hematological malignancies in Khartoum and the distribution according to age and gender. Methods: A Retrospective descriptive hospital-based study design was conducted by obtaining the data from Radiation and Isotope Center of Khartoum (RICK). Convenient sampling technique and total coverage of all the cases was performed (total cases was founded to be 2517 patients) presented to (RICK) between the periods of 1-1-2009 to 31-12-2013. Results: About one third of patients (32.4%) were diagnosed as chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML), followed by acute myeloid leukemia (AML) by (24.8%), then chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) both were (21%). More than (58%) of patients with hematological malignancies were male and the rest were female. More than (58%) of patients with hematological malignancies were male and the rest were female (42%).

Key words: Leukemia, Lymphoma, RICK, Sudan


 
ARTICLE TOOLS
Abstract
PDF Fulltext
How to cite this articleHow to cite this article
Citation Tools
Related Records
 Articles by Wad A Elsheikh
Articles by Khalid S Elhassan
Articles by Ibrahim A. Ali
on Google
on Google Scholar


How to Cite this Article
Pubmed Style

Elsheikh WA, Elhassan KS, Ali IA. Prevalence of Different Hematological Malignancies in Sudanese Patients. AJMS. 2021; 4(2): 11-13. doi:10.5455/ajms.46


Web Style

Elsheikh WA, Elhassan KS, Ali IA. Prevalence of Different Hematological Malignancies in Sudanese Patients. http://www.ajms.tk/?mno=20915 [Access: February 19, 2021]. doi:10.5455/ajms.46


AMA (American Medical Association) Style

Elsheikh WA, Elhassan KS, Ali IA. Prevalence of Different Hematological Malignancies in Sudanese Patients. AJMS. 2021; 4(2): 11-13. doi:10.5455/ajms.46



Vancouver/ICMJE Style

Elsheikh WA, Elhassan KS, Ali IA. Prevalence of Different Hematological Malignancies in Sudanese Patients. AJMS. (2021), [cited February 19, 2021]; 4(2): 11-13. doi:10.5455/ajms.46



Harvard Style

Elsheikh, W. A., Elhassan, . K. S. & Ali, . I. A. (2021) Prevalence of Different Hematological Malignancies in Sudanese Patients. AJMS, 4 (2), 11-13. doi:10.5455/ajms.46



Turabian Style

Elsheikh, Wad A, Khalid S Elhassan, and Ibrahim A. Ali. 2021. Prevalence of Different Hematological Malignancies in Sudanese Patients. Arabian journal of medical sciences, 4 (2), 11-13. doi:10.5455/ajms.46



Chicago Style

Elsheikh, Wad A, Khalid S Elhassan, and Ibrahim A. Ali. "Prevalence of Different Hematological Malignancies in Sudanese Patients." Arabian journal of medical sciences 4 (2021), 11-13. doi:10.5455/ajms.46



MLA (The Modern Language Association) Style

Elsheikh, Wad A, Khalid S Elhassan, and Ibrahim A. Ali. "Prevalence of Different Hematological Malignancies in Sudanese Patients." Arabian journal of medical sciences 4.2 (2021), 11-13. Print. doi:10.5455/ajms.46



APA (American Psychological Association) Style

Elsheikh, W. A., Elhassan, . K. S. & Ali, . I. A. (2021) Prevalence of Different Hematological Malignancies in Sudanese Patients. Arabian journal of medical sciences, 4 (2), 11-13. doi:10.5455/ajms.46